30 HOUR RENEWAL TRAINING
A total of 30 hours of training covering nine topics must be completed every two years by you and your assistants.
Training period begins at the start date of your current registration/license until the date it expires.You are required to send proof that you have completed this training when you submit your renewal application.
Proof may consist of a certificate, a letter from an instructor on letterhead or an attendance roster from the training organization.
These documents must state your name, the training taken, the topics covered, the number of hours you were trained and the instructor’s name and signature.
The Nine Required Training Topics:
1. Principles of childhood development (including the appropriate supervision of children, meeting the needs of children with physical or emotional challenges enrolled in the program and behavior management and discipline)
2. Nutrition and health needs of children
3. Child day care program development
4. Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff
5. Business record maintenance and management
6. Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention
7. Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care
8. Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment
9. Prevention and identification of shaken baby syndrome
Give us a call
for a FREE phone consultation
If this is your first renewal, the 15 hours of Health and Safety training that you have already taken for your initial registration/license can be counted as part of the 30-hour renewal training requirement – as long as you completed it after you submitted your initial application.
New assistants or alternate assistants who start after you have received initial licensing must complete at least 15 hours of training in one or more of the nine required topics during their first six months at work.This training counts toward the 30-hour requirement.
The assistant’s total training hours required by the renewal application date may be prorated, to match the percentage of time the assistant was employed during the licensing period.
Substitutes do not have to take the 30 hours of training, as long as:They only fill in for the provider for 15 days or fewer during each year of the two-year licensing period (no more than 30 days total). They never fill in for the provider for more than three days in a row.
With Bright Future Training Inc, you get the training you want, where you want, whenever you need it.
Call 1-718-874-6695 today!!!